For the past few weeks the code changes and updates Omniwallet has been publishing have been mostly maintenance oriented. The team has been cleaning up existing code, refining the functionality of the interface and trying to clean out some of the back logged issues. But this is far from all that has been happening. Behind the scenes we’ve been preparing and working on a brand new back end. Originally, the code was built around data from a series of flat files generated by the reference client parser. While functional and usable, it posed certain limitations to future growth. With the recent development efforts put into Mastercore we have been focusing on revamping our back end structure. With a brand new parsing engine centered around Mastercore we are going to be leveraging a proper database.
So what does this mean for you, our users? Once the database integration is complete here are just a few items we will be able to start leveraging / working on:
- We should see significant performance improvements as well as more reliable data integrity.
- Previously data could appear to be lagging behind by several blocks but now we’ll be as current as Mastercore.
- Foundation to enable integration of other Altcoins
- Full Bitcoin history support for wallets.
- We can start offering Wallet enhancements ex. Address tags, notifications.
Keep an eye out over the next few weeks. We’ll have more information and futher progress reports as development continues.