The Core development team is very excited to be able to share with you our latest update on the Master Core project.
Our first milestone requested initial functional alpha code for the following:
- Single Currency Support – support for currency ID 1; Mastercoin
- Persistence – the ability to maintain the state between closing down and relaunching Master Core
- Consensus – 100% matching consensus with existing implementations, namely OmniWallet and MasterChest
- send_MP RPC call – the ability to send a Master Protocol currency
- getbalance_MP RPC call – the ability to check an address for the balance of a Master Protocol currency/property
- gettransaction_MP RPC call – the ability to lookup a Master Protocol transaction
- listtransactions_MP RPC call – the ability to list the last n Master Protocol transactions for an address (or * for wallet)
It’s been quite a challenge, but we’re pleased to say we’ve been able to deliver on all of these milestones. The next steps will involve improving on the initial alpha code for the first milestone, along with moving towards our second milestone which, at a high level, is multi-currency support and support for all existing smart property transactions.
If you’d like to get a feel for how these RPC calls are looking so far, I’ve prepared a few examples for your perusal here:
I also wanted to take a quick moment to thank our Core developers, the work ethic is just incredible and I feel extremely privileged to be part of such a hard working and knowledgeable team.
Please note: it is important to us to make sure our readers are aware this is a development milestone and not a release. We’re very proud to have achieved the first alpha code for these functions but it is initial alpha code only – there are still lots of quirks to be worked out, testing to be done, and bugs to be resolved. We would like to caution against any usage outside of testing and development.
Zathras, on behalf of Core Dev